Maddox Ryan

Maddox Ryan
My happy little boy, Max

WELCOME TO DIARY OF A MAD MOMMY!!!

Hi there. I just want to welcome you to my blog. I am just starting out, and hope that you continue to come back to check out my day to day diary. If you have suggestions for topics or how to make it better, please leave me a note. I'm hoping to show other moms out there that they are not alone in their crazy lives. All moms have bad days. I just hope to show you that even the bad days can be something we can look back on later with fondness. This is something that my mom told me one day when I was having an especially rough week with my 22mos old. She said that years from now, these are the "fun" things that I will remember when my daughter is all grown up. They will be the "stories" that we will share years from now. This really put things into perspective for me. So this is my way of keeping these bad days as "memories, " instead of carrying them with me as reminders of my failures as a mom. We all make mistakes...the real trick is to learn from them and move on.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Zoo -3/27/10 Saturday

Today was a beautiful day here in Evansville, sunny and in the high 50's...a great day to be outdoors.

Got up early to get the kids dressed and ready. Decided that we would do the mall first and take pics with the Easter bunny and then head to the zoo. My sister was in town today so we met her there with my 3mos old nephew, Hunter. Aly and Addy were super excited. We got in line(Thank goodness it was early and we didn't have to wait too long!)and waited our turn. I could tell by the look on Addy's face that she was NOT feeling it. The girl taking the pic orders was fantastic, I told her that I didn't think Addy was going to do it, and she suggested letting her hold one of the Easter eggs...YES! A great idea!!! Max sat on the bunny's lap and Aly sat next to him holding Addy...and Addy held the egg. No smile...but no tears, either. Perfect!! Until we had to leave...lol Addy didn't want to give the egg back to the lady. She wanted to stay and play ball with the Easter Bunny. (Addy loves to play ball, probably because she's been watching her sister play softball since the day she was born.) And now I have a full blown tantrum taking place. Addy finally gives in and puts the egg back and gets back into her stroller. I think that we are all good. I am SO wrong. As I am paying and picking the pics up at the register, Addy was stealing another egg! We are walking away, and Aly notices a bright yellow Easter egg sticking out of the basket under the stroller. Addy had stolen it and hidden it away. Talk about embarrassing. My kid had just thrown a huge tantrum and they had just finally gotten rid of us, and now I had to go back and give the egg back and apologize to the bunny.Damn my luck! I love the comments, "boy, you sure have your hands full with all of them." Really? You think I don't know that??? I need someone to point it out everytime I am pushing around 2 kids in strollers and trying to keep track of my 8yr old who gets sidetracked everytime a cute boy or something cute in a window catches her eye??? Really, is it only me that hates these unsolicited comments? So anyway, the mall is done, so we decide to head to the zoo.

We had a fantastic time at Mesker Zoo. Aly pushed Addy in her stroller and I had Max in a separate stroller. This was the first time we'd ever really attempted this. I usually have the little ones in a double stroller, but it's just so hard to get through doorways that way. Aly did a fantastic job. She pushed Addy everywhere. She stopped and showed her every exhibit, making sure she could see before she moved on. She read all of the educational info to her, and told her every name of every animal. It was amazing to watch. They both had a blast looking at all the animals together. She had so much patience. When did my little girl grow up to be such a caring, mature little lady?

Addy and Aly both loved the giraffes and zebras...Addy covered her nose at the zebras and told them that they were dirty and needed a bath. It was pretty funny. She even petted some goats, even though she kept calling them dogs! She thought they needed baths, too. LOL

Max had a blast as well. He loved being outside. He laughed and babbled the entire time. I think he just liked the wind in his hair.

Overall it was a pretty good day, all the kids had fun, and I got to spend a day with my baby sis, who I never really get to see. The little ones were so wore out from all the sunshine that they both fell asleep as soon as we pulled out of the zoo parking lot. And what mom doesn't love that? The smiles on their faces when they were telling Daddy about their day made it all worth it. Even having to return the yellow Easter egg!

No comments:

Post a Comment