Maddox Ryan

Maddox Ryan
My happy little boy, Max

WELCOME TO DIARY OF A MAD MOMMY!!!

Hi there. I just want to welcome you to my blog. I am just starting out, and hope that you continue to come back to check out my day to day diary. If you have suggestions for topics or how to make it better, please leave me a note. I'm hoping to show other moms out there that they are not alone in their crazy lives. All moms have bad days. I just hope to show you that even the bad days can be something we can look back on later with fondness. This is something that my mom told me one day when I was having an especially rough week with my 22mos old. She said that years from now, these are the "fun" things that I will remember when my daughter is all grown up. They will be the "stories" that we will share years from now. This really put things into perspective for me. So this is my way of keeping these bad days as "memories, " instead of carrying them with me as reminders of my failures as a mom. We all make mistakes...the real trick is to learn from them and move on.

Friday, March 26, 2010

My first post-3/26/09 Friday

So today began like many others, everyone up at 6am. Well...everyone but Daddy. This is how it goes in my house. I get up with the alarm, let the dog out to potty, and then fix a bottle for little Max(7mos), a sippy of milk for Addy(22mos), and then proceed to change Addy and Max's diapers and get them dressed for the day. Then we head to the kitchen for breakfast. All of this while my husband, Ryan, is still sleeping. He doesn't have to be at work until 9am, so he feels it unnecessary to get up before 7 or 7:30am...NOT NECESSARY??!! 3 KIDS ISN'T ENOUGH OF A REASON??? Apparently, not.

Today was a little different because my 8yr old was not home this morning. She just got home this afternoon from a week long visit with my parents. I didn't realize how much I relied on her until she was gone. With two little ones just 15mos apart, I lean on Aly to help out ALOT. Aly can change diapers, make bottles, and she is a great sitter when I need a shower. Does this make me a bad mom, that I use my 8yr old for slave labor?

So the day went pretty smoothly. I narrowly missed disaster with Addy, but I caught her just in time...Addy has a new hobby...playing in her poopy diaper and smearing it all over her bed. Yes, it is gross, and yes, I have tried everything to stop it, but it KEEPS happening. Today, I walked into her bedroom to put away laundry while she and her brother were napping, and I caught her red-handed...well, poop-handed. Luckily, it hadn't made it anywhere else yet. Immediately, she tells me that she needs a bath. What can I do? I give her a bath. This is how it goes everytime. She poops, plays in it, and then has a blast getting to take a bath in the middle of the day. Have I mentioned that she is really a mermaid???LOL The kid LOVES bathtime!! So it's like I am rewarding her for playing in her poop. If anyone has any ideas on how to stop this behavior, I am all ears! I am trying to start potty training, but she is so stubborn. Won't even try.

So, tonight when Ryan got home we decided to be good parents and take the kiddos to the dreaded McDonald's. Figured we'd let them play in the playland...now, let it be known that I am a complete germ freak. These places make me have nervous breakdowns! They are full of dirty, nasty kids who only bathe once a week. Snot nosed, coughing, germ factories. YUCK! But we went... Aly and Addy ran around and played. Well, Aly played and Addy watched from the bottom yelling, "Hi, Sissy!" We were all done eating and ready to leave, and yep, Addy did it...puked on the steps of the playland. Now MY kid is the germ factory. I ran to clean it up, but the damage was done. I saw the looks on the other moms' faces..."who is that kid's mom and why did she let that happen???" I quickly had my husband get Max's coat on and told Aly to grab the diaper bag and we were out of there!! No more playland for me! Think we will try the zoo tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment