Maddox Ryan

Maddox Ryan
My happy little boy, Max

WELCOME TO DIARY OF A MAD MOMMY!!!

Hi there. I just want to welcome you to my blog. I am just starting out, and hope that you continue to come back to check out my day to day diary. If you have suggestions for topics or how to make it better, please leave me a note. I'm hoping to show other moms out there that they are not alone in their crazy lives. All moms have bad days. I just hope to show you that even the bad days can be something we can look back on later with fondness. This is something that my mom told me one day when I was having an especially rough week with my 22mos old. She said that years from now, these are the "fun" things that I will remember when my daughter is all grown up. They will be the "stories" that we will share years from now. This really put things into perspective for me. So this is my way of keeping these bad days as "memories, " instead of carrying them with me as reminders of my failures as a mom. We all make mistakes...the real trick is to learn from them and move on.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Terrific Tuesday 3/30/10

What a great day! Got up early to get all the kiddos ready to leave. I took Addy and Max to their sitter's house today. Addy was so excited to visit her Ms. Dana! She was even more excited that Max got to go with her. Ms. Dana was Addy's sitter when I was working. She still has a great bond with her even after being gone from there for the last 8-9mos. It is so nice to be able to drop them off there and not feel guilty because Addy is so comfortable with her. She's great, not many sitters would let an old client just do drop-ins every now and then, but Dana is great about this. We are very lucky to have her!

I dropped Max and Addy off and then headed to Aly's school. It was my day to volunteer for popcorn day...now this sounds like an easy day...I assure you, it is not! LOL I had no idea how much work it was to pop and bag and handout 900 bags of popcorn to elementary students!! The kids are like vultures! They practically push each other down trying to get to the popcorn. You'd never know that these kids just got done eating lunch. If they have a stamp under the bag they get a prize...a plastic top or eraser, nothing major, but they lie about having the stamp, or try to peek and grab a bag with a stamp to win. It's crazy! I'd like to hope that my child doesn't act like this when I am not there. Some of these parents would be really embarrassed. We even had one little boy not have his quarter for the popcorn, so he snuck around the back of the table and stole one out of our money bag to use. He was caught, but it was just amazing. He was in the second grade. What will he be stealing in the future???

So anyway, when I got finished at the school I went and picked up Addy and Max. Both were fast asleep in Dana's lap when I got there. Very content. What a relief to be able to know that they had a great time. Addy couldn't stop talking about Dana all night. She had a blast.

Aly had some neighborhood kids over to play when she got home. Addy was like their little puppy. Followed them everywhere. They decided to leave and go play in the parking lot of a nearby church, with one of the girls' dad supervising. Addy was furious! She told me that she wanted to go bye-bye with her "fends." LOL She had a 20min. temper tantrum because she was too little to leave with her sissy and her friends. This summer is going to be fun with her, especially since Aly is getting older and wanting to leave more often with her friends. Addy just doesn't understand. Aly is her best friend. I guess we will just have to find a playgroup here in town for her to join.

Today was a good day. Kids were good(well, as good as can be expected), and there were no major catastrophes. I had a good time visiting with the other moms at popcorn, and it was good for Addy and Max to get out of the house and socialize with other kids. A beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment