Maddox Ryan

Maddox Ryan
My happy little boy, Max

WELCOME TO DIARY OF A MAD MOMMY!!!

Hi there. I just want to welcome you to my blog. I am just starting out, and hope that you continue to come back to check out my day to day diary. If you have suggestions for topics or how to make it better, please leave me a note. I'm hoping to show other moms out there that they are not alone in their crazy lives. All moms have bad days. I just hope to show you that even the bad days can be something we can look back on later with fondness. This is something that my mom told me one day when I was having an especially rough week with my 22mos old. She said that years from now, these are the "fun" things that I will remember when my daughter is all grown up. They will be the "stories" that we will share years from now. This really put things into perspective for me. So this is my way of keeping these bad days as "memories, " instead of carrying them with me as reminders of my failures as a mom. We all make mistakes...the real trick is to learn from them and move on.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Another Manic Monday 3/29/10

Today started out pretty well. It was Aly's first day back to school after a week of spring break. I'm not sure who was more excited about her going back to school, me or her.

Addy missed her all day, and used her time to get into absolutely everything!! She used her little chair from her play kitchen as a step stool in the bathroom. You can only imagine the mess I found in there. Water was everywhere!! When I asked her what she was doing, she told me her hands were "durty." This happened like three different times throughout the day. I'm not sure where she got the idea, but once she got it, she couldn't get it out of her head!! She'd wait for me to get into a project, and then off she'd go.

I made her promise to stay out of the bathroom and she finally did, but then she decided to use the chair to reach the cabinets in the hallway. The cabinets that hold the towels and extra shampoo, deodorant, etc. If there was a mess to be made today, Addy made it. I definitely see tons of school visits in my future with her!! She is like having Dennis the Menace and Curious George all wrapped into one cute little person.

When Aly got home I was dealing with a very fussy Max. He didn't get his nap today because Addy kept waking him up. Aly saw that I was busy and took it upon herself to clean the living room and kitchen. She picked up and organized all of her sister's toys in the toyroom and swept and mopped the kitchen floor, all on her own. When I came out of Max's room, where I had been rocking him, she had everything clean and was playing with her sister. I can't even tell you how proud I was of her. She really is an amazing little girl. She made my day. So...she got an extra dollar added to her allowance this week, and I'm thinking about saying yes to that sleepover she's been bugging me for.

And Addy...well, she gave me kisses and told me she loved me all evening, who couldn't forgive that sweet little face? And Max...well, he has started babbling," Mama." Need I say more? I must be doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment