Maddox Ryan

Maddox Ryan
My happy little boy, Max

WELCOME TO DIARY OF A MAD MOMMY!!!

Hi there. I just want to welcome you to my blog. I am just starting out, and hope that you continue to come back to check out my day to day diary. If you have suggestions for topics or how to make it better, please leave me a note. I'm hoping to show other moms out there that they are not alone in their crazy lives. All moms have bad days. I just hope to show you that even the bad days can be something we can look back on later with fondness. This is something that my mom told me one day when I was having an especially rough week with my 22mos old. She said that years from now, these are the "fun" things that I will remember when my daughter is all grown up. They will be the "stories" that we will share years from now. This really put things into perspective for me. So this is my way of keeping these bad days as "memories, " instead of carrying them with me as reminders of my failures as a mom. We all make mistakes...the real trick is to learn from them and move on.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

3/28/09 Sunday

Today was a busy day for us. We had church this morning, Aly was supposed to have softball practice, and then Ryan and I had our financial peace class this afternoon.

The kids were still exhausted from their zoo trip yesterday so getting everyone up and ready to go this morning was a little difficult. It was a typical fight with Aly over what she was going to wear to church. The usual...everything is dirty or doesn't fit, even though the dirty clothes hamper is empty-all her laundry was clean and put away, and we'd already pulled out clothes that didn't fit a month ago. So this was NOT an argument!! We had tears over her shoes..."they don't fit" and tears over the dress..."too short." And all this before 7:30am, and I hadn't even started getting the other two kids ready yet!!

Finally, at 8am we were out the door. How??? God intervened! He had to, I have no idea how we were all ready by 8am if it wasn't by one of God's miracles. LOL He must have really thought that our family needed to get to church on time!!

Church went well. Aly sang with the children's choir, and looked beautiful in the dress that was "too short." Addy had fun playing with her Daddy in the pew. She has discovered that she really likes stickers. She stuck them all over Daddy's face. It's amazing what he will let her do. Daddy's girl. Anyway, it worked, it kept her occupied for most of the service without any mishaps. Of course, she had to go to the back with Daddy during the sermon...an hour during morning naptime is just too much for her right now. It's not very often that she can make it through the whole service in the pew with us. Daddy usually ends up in the cry room with her. (I think he kinda likes it that way!) Max was his usual happy go lucky self. He really is an easy baby.

We got home from church and had to leave right away for our class. Aly didn't end up going to practice because of the rain. My mom and sister stayed and kept the kids for us.

This class actually isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. We've gotten alot of great information from it, and have even already seen a huge difference in our marriage. I highly recommend it to all married couples or anyone thinking about getting married. It is a Christian based program that helps you gain financial peace by giving you the tools to get out of and stay out of debt and to set up a family budget. It's great. If you are interested in more info...let me know.

After class we came home and spent time with the kids. The dog, Harley, was in rare form. He was jumping and biting everything and everyone. The girls were screaming and running through the house like crazy people. Max was sitting in his jumperoo and the dog was pulling his socks off of his feet. He didn't chew on them...just took them off and hid them. Max just smiled and kept letting him do it. He didn't cry or kick...Nothing. Just sat there playing. After an hour of the screaming and chaos, I had enough...bedtime came a little early. Sometimes Mommy needs a timeout, so they went to bed a half hour early.

I guess it could have been worse...overall, not a good or bad day...just another blah day. Kinda glad I don't have anything exciting to write about today. Too tired for exciting. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Just stopped by to see whats going on here, from deal wise mommy site, Just wanted to add my 2 cents about Church clothes, get them ready and tried on the night before, It changed my life when I started doing this soooo many yrs ago!! No arguing before Church!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete